With the eddi v2.1 + WiFi/vHub then, provided it is connected directly to the internet (via WiFi or an Ethernet cable) then the new firmware will download automatically in the background with a few days of the new firmware being released.
- Updating your firmware if the eddi is connected directly to the internet
- Updating the firmware if the eddi is connected to a separate hub / or gateway device and does not have its own direct internet connection
Updating your firmware if the eddi is connected directly to the internet
- To install the new firmware navigate to the menu "Device Settings - Firmware Update"
- If new firmware is available, it will be listed on the screen
- Select the menu "Install New Firmware..." and press the + button
- The new firmware will be installed and zappi will reboot.
Forcing a background download
- If the display says "Status: Up to date" then eddi has not downloaded any new firmware
- You can force eddi to check for new firmware by selecting "Check for Updates..." and then pressing the + button
- If there is a new firmware image available then it will be downloaded to the eddi, and the status of the download will be displayed on the screen. Once the download is complete the new firmware can be installed.
Updating the firmware if the eddi is connected to a separate hub / or gateway device and does not have its own direct internet connection
If the eddi does not have it's own internet connection then the firmware can be updated over the wireless from another zappi, eddi or libbi with a vHub (a gateway device) then the firmware can be updated over the radio link.
This option is accessible from the Bootloader menu.
It is not currently possible to update the eddi 2.1 firmware from a physical hub.
Please sign in to leave a comment.