Double check the serial number of your hub.
If is starts with a "1" then please continue with the instructions below: V5 Firmware - Updating a hub with a serial number starting with a "1"
Before starting the update we recommend that all devices are set to use the radio channel 1 or 4.
V5 includes a change to radio channels which may mean they cannot talk to the hub once the hub firmware is updated. Once all devices are updated it should be possible to use one of the other channels if needed.
Updating the firmware on the hub
This update may take up to 5 minutes and will involve the hub rebooting several times. Please be patient to allow the update to complete!
- The hub is updated by a short press of the download button.
- The server LED will turn white while the new firmware is updated.
- When the update is complete the LED's on the hub will return to their normal state:
- power light green,
- server light green (or blue if the hub has not been registered)
- device lights blue, green or unlit depending on what devices are connected
If the lights on the hub do not return to this state after at least 5 minutes then please refer to the Problem solving section at the bottom of this page.
When the firmware on the hub as been updated the server light will return to blue or green.
Download the new device firmware
The next step is to download the device firmware images to the hub so that they can then be transferred to your zappi or eddi.
- Briefly press the "download" button
- The "server" LED should now turn white - potentially for 2-3 minutes - as the new firmware is downloaded
- Once the firmware is downloaded the server LED will return to blue or green
Now update the firmware on your myenergi devices
Select the device that you would like to update next
Update process appears to be stuck
If the lights on the hub do not return to their normal state after five minutes then the hub update process may be stalled. Note - the update process takes some time so please be patient!
If you are certain that the update process has stalled then turn off the power to the hub, wait 30 seconds and then plug the power back in. The hub should reboot and the update will continue.
If the hub still does not return to its normal state then please contact email@example.com with the hub serial number and a description of the problem.
Hub is no longer paired with the the other myenergi devices
In rare circumstances the hub may lose its pairing with the other myenergi devices. In this case only the power and server LED's will be lit.
To pair the devices again please follow these instructions: Resetting and re-pairing a physical hub