Each hub/vHub can only be associated with a single account and can be roughly thought of as the account which "owns" the device. If other accounts need to access the devices then you can use the location sharing functionality to do so.
The primary owning account of the hub has the ability to do things that shared account access does not, for example enabling and using the 3rd party API used for Octopus Integration. As such installers should not:
- Register devices to themselves and share them with the customer
- Register devices to themselves and login on the customer device as themselves
If you suspect this has happened we will need to go through the device deregistration process.
I cannot login to the app / myaccount
The legacy process of logging into the app via serial number and registration code has been retired and we now require all users of myenergi online services to use a myaccount registration. This is so we can enhance our products going forward by enabling services such as Intelligent Octopus integration. If you formally logged into the app using serial and registration code you must now create an account.
There are 2 different types of registrations you can have with myaccount, email and social, the latter being the type where you simply push the "Sign in with ..." buttons.
You can have both an email and social login and if they are to the same email address and fully registered then you can login via either approach. However as Apple uses private relay to hide the email address of the account from us we cannot link accounts together, we don't even know who account is registered to.
We cannot link account with different email addresses.
If you use the password reset process but do not receive an email please check your spam. If you're certain that you have not received an email then it is highly likely you do not have an email registration with us. Did you login with some other method in the past?
We unfortunately cannot just say "unknown email" as that is considered a dangerous pattern as someone could maliciously submit email addresses into determine which ones are valid or invalid.
As mentioned we have no way to merge and link together accounts with different email addresses, by extension we cannot do the same with different social logins. Make sure you login with the same social login as you did previously. If there are no devices maybe try a different social login?
In the future we are going to be retiring social registrations as they have proved problematic to manage for the reasons described above.
I cannot register my devices
To register your devices you will need both the hub serial number and registration code and we have a guide for finding them.
If when you enter the serial and registration code it doesn't work there are 3 common issues we see:
- Double check the serial and reg codes are correct
- Double check you are using you hub serial, not your harvi serial for example
- The serial you have is already registered to another account
- This can sometimes be because the accounts are linked to a partner as the primary
- This can sometimes be because installers have registered devices on the customers behalf
- This can sometimes be due to apple social login and the hidden email addresses
In the case of option 3 people contact support but please provide front both hub serial number and registration code so we can further advise. We cannot proceed without knowing your hub serial and reg code.
We may offer:
- A hint as to which email the device is registered to and what login method was used. As mentioned with Apple we cannot tell you which account as we do not know
- We can "deregister" the devices which allows you to use to reregister them to an account of your choosing.
Reg code not displayed
The primary cause of this is lack of connectivity of the device to the internet. Once the device is connected your registration code should be displayed.
If it isn't please contact support and share a picture of page 2 of the information screen.
Still having issues?
Please contact support, however make sure you have:
- The serial number of one of your devices. Ideally the hub device but the zappi/eddi/harvi should do.
- Your registration code from the screen on the device. If no registration code is displayed please include a picture with your support ticket.