Released 11/10/2023 - Previous version 5.041
- In accordance with the requirements for devices that provided a grid import/export limit (UK Engineering Recommendation G100), multiple load excursions lead to a "lock out" which can only be reset by Tech Support (See notes below)
The following improvements are linked with a forthcoming update to the myenergi app:
- Allow libbi export to grid (mode change command) – Pending completion of this
feature in the mobile app.
- Update New Load Control algorithm (NLC) to allow libbi export to grid, when zappi or
eddi is in the ecosystem – Pending completion of this feature in the mobile app.
When a user selects "export now" in the mobile app, the stored energy in libbi is discharged to the grid and not used to power zappi or eddi. It will revert back to balance mode when the battery is empty (0% normalised SoC).
- Libbi will no longer preform repeated calibration charges while the battery cycles count is below the 3 cycle threshold.
- Improved comms timeout mechanism between controller and inverter. This previously caused a problem with the backup supply briefly turning off during a power cut as the inverter was no longer receiving communication packets from the libbi controller.
- libbi wizard: Add additional PV connection option: Adjusted the PV installer wizard screens to improve installer understanding of choices.
- Installer wizard - Connectivity Section: Added connectivity section to libbi installer wizard to bring consistency with zappi wizard as well as improve installation experience.
- Update energy target schedule to allow up to 40kWh: Schedule energy target can be set close to 40kWh – Pending completion of this feature in the mobile app.
- On compatible inverter firmware, the controller now automatically reboots the inverter in the wizard, rather than the installer having to do it manually. On older inverter firmware or following a failed automatic reboot, the installer will still be prompted to manually reboot the inverter.
- Target SoC for Charge from Grid: Target State of Charge (SOC) can now be set, allowing improvements to the charge from grid feature in the app to allow the amount of charge to be adjusted, not just the charge time – Pending completion of this feature in the mobile app.
- Implement Inverter upgrade commands in controller FW: Inverter FW download and install commands have been implemented to allow the server to initiate these actions for ARM, DSP and BMS (if the conditions such as battery SoC permit). This will improve Technical Support when dealing with any problems with the libbi system
- Multiple time/date wizard menu issues: Fixed Time and Date menu bugs reported by installers.
- G100 counters are not initialised after a factory reset: G100 counters are now properly initialised upon factory reset
- harvi CT detect tripping on existing setups: Harvi grid CT detection will only be active if the system/installation is G100/2 enabled.
- Libbi is now able to discharge normally to match house loads after having its PV output limited by an export limit.
- Issue with grid/export limits set to OFF on G100 firmware: 0A values for grid and export limits are now adjusted to 100A. Prevents G100 events on startup.
- Libbi resends acknowledge minutes after a reboot: Libbi controller will no longer send previously acknowledged minutes to the server after a controller reboot. This prevents resending of data that has already been uploaded to the server
- The G100 changes mean that if libbi is not able to bring the load / export back within the limit within 15 seconds then a lockout may be activated.
Provided your libbi is connected to the internet the firmware will download automatically over the week following the firmware release. Once downloaded, provided you are using the latest version of the myenergi app you will be prompted to complete the update in the app.
Alternatively you can complete the firmware installation from the libbi local controls - see this article for more details: Updating the firmware on your libbi