This article only applies to devices that have built in Ethernet or WiFi
These can be identified by the letter "H" in the product reference, eg ZAPPI-2H07TW
In this article:
The latest versions of the myenergi product have built-in Ethernet and WiFI, as well as the original wireless link. This means that there are more options for connecting your devices and connecting them to the Internet. This article explains the different options.
Note: One device in the network needs to be connected to the internet to communicate with the myenergi servers. This will ensure that any new firmware updates are downloaded and also provides remote monitoring and control through the myenergi app and online account: myaccount.myenergi.net
It is also a legal requirement in Great Britain that, from July 2022, all EV Chargers need to be smart and connected to the Internet.
Using a wired Ethernet will always provide the most reliable connection. It's also very easy to set up - plug the Ethernet cable into the RJ45 socket in the myenergi device and, provided the other end is connected to an internet router, it will be online. Please remember:
- The Ethernet connection is inside the product. Make sure that the power is turned off / isolated before opening the case to connect the Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is firmly located so it does not slip out. If the RJ45 plug in the end of the cable is damaged in any way it must be replaced.
- Depending on the product, it may also be necessary to make a hole in the case for the Ethernet cable. To maintain the IP rating it is important that a suitable gland is fitted.
Of course, it may not be practical to run an Ethernet cable to the product. The next option is to use WiFi.
WiFi is very convenient and will work very well in most locations, however, it does depend on how strong the WiFi signal is at the point where the myenergi product is installed.
As a general rule, if you can get a reasonable WiFi signal on your phone when standing next to the myenergi product then you should have no problems getting the WiFi setup.
Full instructions on how to setup the WiFi are provided in --> here <--
If you find that the WiFi signal is not strong enough then it should be possible to boost the signal by linking a WiFi extender to the internet router. There are a number of options which can be bought in most electronics shops and online:
- A mesh WiFi system such as those provided by TP-Link, Netgear, etc. This article compares some of the systems available on the market.
- Power Line Carrier plugs which use the electric wiring in the property to extend the WiFi range. They are normally sold as a pair of devices. One is plugged in close to your internet router and connected to it using an Ethernet cable. The second is then plugged in where you need to boost the WiFi signal. TP-Link and Netgear also make these devices. Make sure you buy one that works as a "Wireless Access Point" - some only work with a wired Ethernet cable
- The simplest, but least effective is a WiFi Extender. These are plugged into a suitable socket and then boost the WiFi signal. The performance of these devices can be variable and depends on the WiFi signal where they are plugged in. They can also slow down the WiFi network.
All myenergi devices have a built-in radio operating at 868Hz or 915MHz depending on local regulations.
This allows the devices to be connected together where there is no WiFi or Ethernet connection.
The harvi always works over this radio link.
Although WiFi is now commonplace and devices to extend the WiFi network are widely available, there will be locations where it is not available, even with WiFi extenders. The 868MHz/915MHz has a greater range than the WiFI signal so there may be locations where this is more suitable. The wireless link will also need to be used with older myenergi devices that do not have WiFi / Ethernet.
libbi is unable to use a hub, if you have a libbi, you must use a vHub.
If it's not possible to use WiFi, or you have one of the older myenergi devices, then a hub can be purchased through our online shop at https://myenergi.com/product/hub/
Thank you for reading this help centre page and taking an interest in the myenergi product range.
If you have any further issues or wish to speak with us directly please see below methods.
(+44) 333 240 5565
Monday-Friday 9 am - 5 pm