In this article:
We often receive inquiries about preventing unauthorised use of a zappi, especially in cases where multiple people use a single zappi. The zappi has a "Lock Function" feature that allows the owner to set a PIN code. This code must be entered at the beginning of each charging session to enable the zappi to provide power to the EV.
Note- This is outside of anything OCPP-related. For OCPP please see our articles for that.
To configure this function:
1. Enter the menu on the zappi itself by pressing the menu button on the very left of the device and navigating down to "Other Settings"
2. Then select "Lock Function"
3. Then you will be presented with all the configurable options for the Lock Function feature
What does each option mean?
- EV PLUGGED - This ensures the lock function is set to ON when there is an EV plugged in
- EV UNPLUGGED - This ensures the lock function is set to ON when there is NO EV plugged in ( The recommended setting is to have both of these ON, then the lock is active at all times)
- TIMEOUT - This is the amount of time the zappi waits until it activates the Lock Function AFTER the last button has been pressed
- LOCK CODE - This is where you set the 5-digit lock code you wish to use. N.B. Only numbers 1, 2, 3 & 4 can be used for this code. The default code is "44444"
- AUTO HIDE - If this is turned on then once the Lock Function activates, the default zappi screen will disappear and will be replaced with a generic screen displaying a padlock icon and will hide all the usual info you see on the zappi screen
- CHARGE - If this is set to ON, then it allows an EV to plug in and charge but won't allow the user to access any of the menus or change any settings. The typical use case for this would be a private workplace car park where the employees are allowed to charge their vehicles but access is restricted to menus and settings. If this is set to OFF then the zappi is completely disabled for anyone who doesn't know the lock code, restricting all access to the zappi owner
- TEST - This is a function that allows the user to check the operation of the lock solenoid on an untethered zappi. This isn't a function widely used by consumers
Thank you for reading this help centre page and taking an interest in the myenergi product range.
If you have any further issues or wish to speak with us directly please see below methods.
(+44) 333 240 5565
Monday-Friday 9 am - 5 pm