With the zappi v2 + WiFi/vHub then, provided it is connected directly to the internet (via WiFi or an Ethernet cable) then the new firmware will download automatically in the background within a few days of the new firmware being released.
- Updating your firmware if the zappi is connected directly to the internet
- Updating the firmware if the zappi is connected to a separate hub / or gateway device and does not have its own direct internet connection
Updating your firmware if the zappi is connected directly to the internet
- To install the new firmware navigate to the menu "Settings - Firmware Update"
- If new firmware is available, it will be listed on the screen
- Select the menu "Install New Firmware..." and press the + button
- The new firmware will be installed and zappi will reboot.
Forcing a background download
- If the display says "Status: Up to date" then zappi has not downloaded any new firmware
- You can force zappi to check for new firmware by selecting "Check for Updates..." and then pressing the + button
- If there is a new firmware image available then it will be downloaded to the zappi, and the status of the download will be displayed on the screen. Once the download is complete the new firmware can be installed.
Updating the firmware if the zappi is connected to a separate hub / or gateway device and does not have its own direct internet connection
If the zappi does not have it's own internet connection then the firmware can be updated over the wireless link to a physical hub, or a gateway device (another myenergi device with a vHub) then the firmware can be updated over the radio link.
This option is accessible from the Bootloader menu.
What do you do if the process described above does not work as described?
My Zappi's status is stuck at downloading.
I have a Zappi version 1, working well, but I did not buy a hub. Does this mean that I can not update the firmware to the latest version - that is a shame, wished I had known that when I bought it, but perhaps I am wrong in that, perhaps there is a way, can anyone let me know? My firmware is currently v3.103
[Ed: Please contact email@example.com and we can discuss options to get your zappi firmware updated should this be necessary]
I am appalled that Myenergi thinks it is OK to change the software associated with my charger without informing me. This had left me unable to charge my car for the foreseeable future. I live in an isolated rural area. Perhaps Myenergi would like to pay for my wife and I to take taxis until such time as this self-induced problem is fixed?
[Ed: The firmware is only updated when the end user confirms the update in the app and, checking on the server, I can confirm that the firmware on your zappi has not been updated.
I note that you have raised a Technical Support ticket and will make sure this is looked at directly]
Why does having a charger have to be so complicated? Having an on/off switch and a timer would have been sufficient for me.
Please sign in to leave a comment.