In this article:
- Setting a scheduled charge in the app:
- Setting a scheduled charge in the myenergi online account
- Setting a schedule using the eddi local controls
There are three ways to set a Timed Boost in the myenergi products. This article will go over how to set this up.
Setting a scheduled charge in the app:
- In the app, touch the eddi icon on the main screen to open the zappi details page
- Tap on the tank/output you wish to set the timer for and then tap where it says "Scheduled"
- Click on a timer to set up a schedule. Now enter the time that you want the charge to start and the charge duration. You also need to select the days when this schedule should run. For instance, this schedule sets a boost between 01:00 and 04:00 every weekday.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There is no STOP or END actual time setting.
Just set the START time on the left (the white numbers) and the required PERIOD of charge (Duration) on the right (the blue numbers)
Setting a scheduled charge in the myenergi online account
- Setting your scheduling preferences
- How does the scheduling engine work?
In the myenergi online account myaccount.myenergi.com you can set up the details or your energy tariff and your charging preferences.
To use this feature it's important that you provide:
- Your electricity tariff
- Your address (as some tariffs are linked to location)
Setting up your account details
Use the menus on the left-hand side of the screen to enter this information if you have not already provided it.
Electricity tariffs are now becoming more complex - a more detailed explanation can be found at myaccount - setting up your electricity tariff. However, there are three basic tariff types:
- Flat rate - where the energy is the same price at all times
- Time of Use / Dual Rate - where there are cheaper periods, usually at night but, with some tariffs, also at the weekend
- Flexible or Dynamic - where the price varies every day depending on factors such as the demand on the grid, weather conditions and the availability of wind and PV generation.
Setting your scheduling preferences
Once you have set up your account details, you can enter your scheduling preferences - select "Schedules" from the menus on the left-hand side
Depending on your tariff you will have up to two options for setting your scheduling preferences;
1. Scheduled Charge
A Scheduled Charge happens at the same time on each day selected. You can set multiple schedules - for instance for commuting hot water for a working day and perhaps another for the weekend if you get up later.
For each Schedule enter:
- For how long it can boost
- When the boost should start
- When it needs to be stopped by regardless of temperature
- Which days of the week this schedule applies to
3. Budget Charge
The Budget Charge is only available if you are on a Dynamic or Flexible tariff where the electricity price varies throughout the day.
With the Budget Charge, you set a price - if the electricity price drops below this level then your eddi will boost.
Setting a schedule using the eddi local controls
If the connection to the internet fails then it is still possible to set the timer using the buttons and display on the eddi.
The menu is Heater Settings... Boost Timer... Heater 1 Top...
Similar to the app, the Schedules are set by providing:
- The Start Time
- The days of the week when the schedule applies
Thank you for reading this help centre page and taking an interest in the myenergi product range.
If you have any further issues or wish to speak with us directly please see below methods.
(+44) 333 240 5565
Monday-Friday 9 am - 5 pm