In this article:
- Step 1 - Download the new device firmware
- Step 2 - Install the new device firmware
- Step 2.1 - Install the new device firmware via bootloader
These instructions apply to the eddi v1.0
(The eddi will have a serial number starting with a "1")
Step 1 - Download the new device firmware
The first step is to download the device firmware images to the hub so that they can then be transferred to your eddi. - Note if you have a libbi. You cannot use HUB and must use the virtual hub within libbi.
Unplug the power to the hub
Press and hold the download button
Plug the power back in again while continuing to hold the download button
Keep holding the button down until the power light turns yellow, then release the download button
The power light should now change to green and the “server” LED should now turn white for up to a minute (although this may take a lot longer if the server is heavily loaded – please be patient).
When the firmware on the hub has been updated the server light will return to blue or green.
Step 2 - Install the new device firmware
- Select the menu "Device Settings - Download Firmware"
- Zappi will download the latest firmware and then reboot.
NOTE- Some older firmware does not have the above setting, additional steps are required to complete the upgrade.
- Select the menu "Device Settings - Advanced - XXXX - System - Download Firmware
Step 2.1 - Install the new device firmware via bootloader
- Turn off the eddi using the rocker switch at the bottom of the case
- Press and hold the tick button
- Now turn the eddi back on again whilst still holding the tick button until the following message appears
- Now select the menu to Download Latest Firmware
- Eddi will download the latest firmware and then reboot.
Thank you for reading this help centre page and taking an interest in the myenergi product range.
If you have any further issues or wish to speak with us directly please see below methods.
(+44) 333 240 5565
Monday-Friday 9 am - 5 pm