In this article:
zappi & eddi come with one wired CT clamp as standard. The 22kW 3-phase zappi comes with 3 CTs as standard. If you would like to see real-time generation from your solar/wind system displayed on the LCD display of your product, you’ll need an additional CT (additional option). In some cases, extra CT clamps are required i.e for 3 phase installs.
The CT comes with a 5m cable. If a longer cable is required it can be extended using a CAT5 Ethernet cable or why not consider using the myenergi harvi to connect the CT over wireless?
The turns ratio of our CTs is 2500:1, i.e. 100A on the primary will give an output of 4mA on the secondary.
If there is a need to extend the CT sensor cable, twisted-pair cables like CAT5 or telephone cables must be used (only use one pair).
CT Golden Rules
- Only ONE Grid CT per phase (check for only one ~ symbol in Linked Devices Info).
- Located to ‘see’ ALL import and ALL export current (i.e. always upstream of any junction box).
- An arrow pointing in the direction of import (e.g. towards consumer unit if on Live cable).
- Must be in the same phase as the Master myenergi device.
All other CTs
• Arrow should point towards the consumer unit.
3-phase harvi CTs
- When using harvi in 3-phase mode, the CT inputs correspond to the phase number (e.g. CT1 =
Phase 1). This helps to avoid phase shifting/phase misalignment.
CT Can do’s
- Can be wired to ANY myenergi device in the network.
- harvi can be used to make ANY CT wireless2.
- The cable can be extended up to 100m (must use twisted-pair cable e.g. one pair of CAT5).
- The cable can be shortened.
- Can be clipped around two or more conductors feeding appliances of the same type (e.g. two Live cables from two inverters that are on the same phase).
- Can be close to other CTs.
- Wires can be swapped around in the device to reverse the direction of the readings (e.g. change import to export).
- Can be grouped with other CTs of the same type so that the power reading is summed (e.g. east and west solar Generation).
- Can be used on the Neutral conductor (the direction of the arrow or wires must be reversed).
- Can be set to None if you want to exclude the reading.
Thank you for reading this help centre page and taking an interest in the myenergi product range.
If you have any further issues or wish to speak with us directly please see below methods.
(+44) 333 240 5565
Monday-Friday 9 am - 5 pm