In this article:
- Share the location from the app with someone else
- Adding the location that someone has shared with you
- Checking who has access to your location
- Cancelling a share
There is now a new feature in the app commonly referred to as "Location Sharing". This enables the owner of an account to share the app with someone else so they can also control the myenergi devices attached to that account as well.
The owner will already have an account and will have devices attached to that account. Anyone else who wants to share control of a location will also need to sign up to an account before the owner can then share their location
To share your location / hub with someone else so they can also see it on their phone using the myenergi app you need to do the following:
- The person you want to share with needs to have a myenergi account in order to access the location. If they don't already have a myenergi account then they should register first.
- Share the location from the myenergi app
- The other person needs to:
- open the myenergi app and log in with their account
- they will have a message in the app to let them know that you have shared your location with them
Share the location from the app with someone else
Open the app and the select the "menu" at the top of the main screen
Now select the "settings" (the cog at the bottom of the screen)
Choose the option to "Share access to this location"
On the next screen you will see details of anyone that already has access to the location and also the option to "Add people". Select this option:
Now enter the email address of the person you want to have access and select "Share".
If the other person already has a myenergi account of their own, make sure you use the email address that they used to set up this account.
Note - an email is not currently sent to the customer so please let them know that they need to login to the app and, if necessary, create their own account using the email address you've just entered when setting up the share.
Adding the location that someone has shared with you
When someone shares their location with you, the final step is to add that location into your app.
When you open the app you will see a green circle, to let you know that you have received a sharing notification
Open the menu by selecting this green circle.
You will now see a list of all the locations that are already available in your app, plus a message to show that some has shared their location with you.
In this screen, the location that was shared by Michael has already been added to the app
The new share is listed at the bottom (in this case from John Smith).
- If you want to see the shared location in your app then select "Accept".
- If you don't recognise who sent this share to you, then you can select "Ignore"
Checking who has access to your location
You can check who has access to your location from the Settings menu.
Now select on "Share access to this location" (In this example the location has already been shared with two people)
On the next screen you will see details of who has access to you location
Cancelling a share
If you want to stop sharing your location with someone you can do this from the "Already Shared" list (see Checking who has access to your location)
Click on the three dots next to the person that you no longer want to have access.
Now select "Revoke"