In this article:
A common issue seen by support which can generally speaking be easily self rectified is the yellow warning triangles in the app.
These indicate that for some reason the data on the server we have for your devices is out of date, there could be multiple potential causes but it is improbable to be the app, uninstalling and reinstalling is unlikely to rectify the issue.
Once the outage is resolved the device will send all missing data it has in memory up to the server. Depending on the duration of the outage this could take a few days to complete.
In the event of a server outage, we will post details of the ongoing incident and work to rectify it on the myenergi status page. If this is an ongoing outage we do not recommend you submit a support ticket as we're already aware of the issue and working to rectify it.
If on resolution of the issue, you are still having connectivity issues then we advise you to contact support.
Home Internet Connection Outage/Change
Change of internet service provider?
If you have changed your internet service provider they have likely also replaced your router which will have a new wifi network. Just so you know, you will need to update the wifi credentials in the device following this guide.
If you do not have the password to get into the device to change the wifi settings this cannot be provided by myenergi support, you must perform a wifi reset to start the wifi pairing process from the start.
Home internet down?
Do other wifi connected devices in your home work? If not then wait for service to be restored then your devices should reconnect. If not restarting the zappi wifi should resolve the issue.
Standalone hub issue?
If you have a standalone hub which is connected directly to your router is it still powered and connected? The colours of the lights on the hub could indicate the source of the problem, the guide to them is here.
Server light off: Your hub hasn't received an IP address from your router.
- This is a problem with your home network. Perhaps a loose/bad cable or some misconfiguration of your router.
Server light red: Your hub cannot connect to the server.
- Is there an outage? Is your home internet up?
Server light blue: Your hub has connected but your device is not registered.
- Follow the device registration process, you will need your hub serial and registration code.
- Server light green: Connected and data transmitting ok
All the active devices on your network need to be able to communicate with the hub, is there a connection problem?
Zappi/Eddi light red: The hub has lost connection to your Zappi/Eddi.
- Can you move the hub closer?
- Perhaps try changing the channel of your local network to help work around any potential local interference.
- Can you move the hub closer?
Poor Wi-Fi connection at the Device location?
We generally recommend that if your tablet or mobile phone can connect to the same network that you want your myenergi products to use, then our products will work well. However, if you are unable to get a good connection or any connection at all, this will have a negative impact on your myenergi system, and you will see yellow warning triangles frequently. In such cases, the best solution would be to boost or extend your Wi-Fi connection so that the myenergi devices can get a more reliable connection.
Shall I reboot?
On rare occasions, it can be necessary to reboot your device completely.
- For the zappi the easiest way to do this is to unplug the EV if it charging, then press the menu button once, then press and hold the menu button to trigger a device reboot. If for some reason that does not work, we suggest turning off the circuit breaker for the device, waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
- For the eddi, the easiest way is to use the rocker switch on the bottom of the device. Switch off, leave for a few seconds then turn back on.
- For libbi, turn off your controller via the spur fuse and back on again, this will reboot the controller.
Shall I update my devices?
Firmware Version 5 has several improvements to wifi performance and it is recommended that if you are not on version 5 and can upgrade then it is strongly recommended to do so following this guide.
You can determine your current firmware version by using the screen on your device:
Menu -> Information -> Page 1
Thank you for reading this help centre page and taking an interest in the myenergi product range.
If you have any further issues or wish to speak with us directly please see below methods.
(+44) 333 240 5565
Monday-Friday 9 am - 5 pm