This article will guide you through the steps to get started with OCPP for zappi. For a list of supported OCPP commands please see this article.
To use OCPP, with zappi, you'll need:
- To register for a myenergi myaccount at https://myaccount.myenergi.com
- Complete the location setup for your myenergi myaccount.
- A zappi with built-in WiFi (The serial number of the zappi will starting a 2)
- An agreement with an OCPP service provider.
What you'll need from your OCPP service provider:
- The backend URI (This should begin with either WS: or WSS://)
You may also need (depending on the service provider):
- A ChargeBox ID
- Authorization Key (This may also be referred to as an initial password)
Note: This information will be provided to you by your OCPP platform provider.
Steps to setup OCPP:
1. Go to your myenergi myaccount:
2. On the left hand side select 'location' then, 'myenergi products':
Note: If you do not see the location button, in the left hand side bar, it's likely this is because you have not completed your locations information. Please do this first on the myaccount home screen.
3. Find the zappi you'd like to setup OCPP for and click OCPP settings:
4. Select the charge point management system from the list or define your own charge point management system by selecting 'Other'
Important: Please ensure you have an agreement with the operator before activating OCPP or directing zappi to their service.
If you don’t use one of our presets from the dropdown list, you’ll need to configure the following settings:
- Backend URI: This looks like a web address and should start wss:// or ws://. This will be provided by the OCPP provider you choose.
Regulations advice: If you’re connecting in Great Britain and your zappi falls into the scope of the Smart Charging Regulations, you should ensure a secure WebSocket connection is used. (This means the address will start WSS:// instead of WS://). This means that the data between myenergi and the provider is encrypted. For security reasons, regardless of your location we recommend all customers use WSS:// URI’s where the provider has this option
Important: Please ensure that the last character has a forward slash (/). For example if a provider gives their URI as wss://ocppexample.myenergi.com you should type wss://occpexample.myenergi.com/
Note: You not need to add your chargers ChargeBox ID or serial number to the end of backend URI. We'll do this for you automatically.
- ChargeboxID: For most customers you will not have to change this field. By default, it will be the serial number of your zappi. Some platform providers may ask you to change this field. Your provider will tell you if they need you to change this information.
- Username: For best practice this should match the chargeBoxID. For most customers, it will not be necessary to change the default, which is the zappi serial number. If you do change the chargeBoxID you should also change the username to match.
- Authorization Key: Some providers may provide you with an authorization key, (or initial password) which is necessary for the charger to connect to their platform. Not all providers require an authorization key and you can leave this blank if you haven’t been provided one. Speak to your OCPP platform provider if you’re unsure.
6. Finally accept the terms and conditions and select 'Enable'. That’s it.