There are three ways to set a scheduled boost in the zappi
- Setting a scheduled charge in the app
- Setting a scheduled charge in the myenergi online account
- Setting a schedule using the zappi local controls
When you set up a scheduled charge in your zappi it is very important that there are no timers or schedules set in your EV. If you do have a timer in your car it could prevent zappi controlling when the charge takes place.
Setting a scheduled charge in the app
- In the app, touch the zappi icon on the main screen to open the zappi details page
- Make sure that the zappi in ECO+ mode (so it will charge if you have any surplus generation eg from PV panels, but does not charge if you are importing power from the grid)
See zappi charging modes for more information on the different charging modes
- Now touch where is says "Scheduled"
- Click on the "+" to set up a schedule
- Now enter the time that you want the charge to start and the charge duration.
You also need to select the days when this schedule should run. For instance, this schedule sets a boost between 01:00 and 04:00 every weekday.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There is no STOP or END actual time setting.
Just set the START time on the left (the white numbers) and the required PERIOD of charge (Duration) on the right (the blue numbers)
- Select "OK". The screen should now show the new boost charge in the grid.
Notice also the little clock icon by the word "Scheduled" which shows that a schedule has been set.
- If you leave the zappi details screen and then return to it later don't worry if the screen appears to show the Manual Boost settings. The app always shows this tab when you go into the zappi details. Look for the clock icon next to the word "Scheduled" which shows that the scheduled boost is still set
|IMPORTANT NOTE: Please remember that once the scheduled boost (timed) charge period has been correctly set, zappi will need to be in ECO or ECO+ mode to prevent the EV from immediately charging at full power.
If you do not want to charge from the grid until the scheduled boost then make sure that zappi is in ECO+ mode.
Setting a scheduled charge in the myenergi online account
Instructions under development.
Setting a schedule using the zappi local controls
Instructions under development