If you receive an "invalid credentials" error message when you try to register your hub or "gateway device" in the myenergi app or online account, this usually due to either
- registering with the wrong serial number
- you have a new phone and are trying to set the app up again, when the hub was previously registered in the app on your old phone
If you've tried everything without success then please contact us directly though this link: myenergi Technical Support
Registering with the wrong serial number
When you register in the myenergi app it's important that you use the correct serial number.
- If you have a myenergi hub then it's the serial number written on the label on the bottom of the hub.
- If you are registering a myenergi device that is connected directly to the internet, either with an Ethernet cable or WiFI, then the correct serial number can be found on the Information menu, page 2
Detailed instructions on where to find the serial number and registration code are found in this article: How do I find my serial number and registration code?
Setting up a new phone
If you are setting up a new phone then you may also get this error if the hub was previously registered on your old phone.
When you originally registered the app you were asked to enter a hub password. (This is different from the password that you now use to login to the app and myaccount). If you have a record of this password then it's possible to connect the hub to your online account by:
- logging into the myaccount.myenergi.com
- selecting the option to "Add an existing product that's already registered in the myenergi app"
- Finally enter the hub serial number and the password you used before
If you cannot remember the password, or you still get an error message when you try to connect in the online account, then please send a message to myenergi Technical Support
Please make sure that you include the serial number of your hub and include "app" in the subject